Technical Delivery Manager
RemoteManchester, England, United KingdomRegion UK & Ireland
This is Allego
Allego is leading the way for EV charging solutions throughout Europe. We deliver reliable charging with a focus on high power charging that can be used by all electric cars and every EV driver, providing a seamless charging experience.
Our goal is to contribute to zero emission mobility and allow EV drivers to charge at the right place with the right speed. The EV market is emerging and changing rapidly. With our proven track record and extensive experience, we keep driving forward with confidence.
For our UK team we are looking for a Site Delivery Manager in the Northern region (covering Scotland and the North of England) responsible for turning prospective sites into realised projects aligned to Allego’s high standards of quality, accessibility and reliability.
This is the job
The Technical Delivery Manager – EV Charging will work closely with the UK Delivery Team as well as central functions, such as the Operations and Charging Solutions teams, on the technical assessment, development and realisation of EV charging infrastructure projects.
This is a proactive role where you will be responsible for assessing, planning and coordinating projects from inception through to realisation in coordination with landowners and the broader UK team. Main duties shall include the following:
- Lead Installation projects from Sales handover through to realisation
- Responsible for specific Projects Design, Construction, Commissioning incl. day-to-day Field Project Management
- Undertake site surveys assessing the viability of EV charging and associated infrastructure
- Managing and supervising third-party subcontractors’ Programme of Works and Scope including surveyors and installers
- Manages Field Projects from inception to completion ensuring they are delivered on-time, within scope and to the agreed design
- Working with DNOs/IDNOs to secure optimised grid connections
- Co-ordinating with landowners and Sales team to establish site layouts and configurations
- Co-ordinating with CAD technicians to develop site designs
- Review all project documents and information provided by a Client/Sub-Contractor throughout the design process
- Solving technical problems for site specific issues
- PMO reporting and tracking progress of multiple projects against schedules and targets
- Responsible for Health & Safety governance and overseeing Projects to ensure they are operating in line with latest H&S Regulations
- Responsible for the handover of the Projects upon site Completion/Commissioning to O&M team
This is you (we hope)
You have experience of managing infrastructure and energy projects. You are a team player with experience in leading construction workers and contractors on site to reach predetermined milestones. You have the ability to guide your own agenda and show pro-activity with demonstrable organisational skills and a track record of providing a high level of service to your clients. You feel ownership and responsibility for your actions and decisions. You come from a technical background and will have executed EV projects involving the installation of HV infrastructure linked to the grid.
- Fully accredited Electrician with previous experience with Commercial (3 phase) Charging construction environments
- Experience of carrying out site assessments and surveys for infrastructure projects
- 3+ years’ experience in the implementation and project management of HV infrastructure projects
- Experience within Renewable energy installations such as Solar PV, Battery (Desirable)
- Sound Health & Safety knowledge within electrical installation projects (RAMS / SHEQ /CDM)
- Demonstrable experience of managing third party contractors (ICPs, Ground/Civil works, Electrical Contractors)
- Proven experience of working with grid-operators (DNOs/IDNOs) and have a solid understanding of the processes and challenges (technical and legal) involved in delivering LV and HV infrastructure projects
- Experience in E-mobility and ultra-rapid charging projects/technology
- Strong interpersonal and Client Management skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven, able to solve problems efficiently escalating as appropriate
- Ability to work under pressure
- You live in the North of the UK and are able to travel to Scotland and Northern England as required to conduct site surveys and manage onsite installations. Flexibility to travel to European Countries and Headquarters will be expected
- Full UK driving licence
Education and Professional Qualifications:
Ideally you will hold these qualifications:
- Fully accredited electrician
- NVQ Level 3 Design and Verification of Electrical Systems or equivalent
- Up-to-date with current standards - BS7671 - 18th Edition
- C&G 2919 – Electric Vehicle Installations
- C&G 2391 or equivalent (EIC / ECIR)
- Member of Electrical Engineering Professional Body - CSCS JIB / ECS (Gold Card)
- Member of an awarding body such as NAPIT, NICEIC, STROMA, ELECSA
- IOSH Certificate in Health & Safety
- Experience of using CAD design software to design electrical infrastructure projects (desirable)
This is our offer
A challenging job in a fast-paced, dynamic and goal-oriented environment. You will be working in the UK team full of EV enthusiasts while also being part of a European company with a focus on the future. We offer a competitive salary accompanied with package including a company car.
At Allego you choose your own challenges, we will make education and training available to you.
If you are interested in working at Allego we look forward to receiving your CV and covering letter via the direct link.
Although we appreciate the interest, we will not respond to recruitment agencies.