Risk & Compliance Officer
Arnhem, Gelderland, NetherlandsRisk & Compliance
This is Allego
Allego provides reliable charging solutions to cities, companies and consumers. We deliver charging facilities that can be used by all electric cars and every EV driver, providing a seamless charging experience. Our goal is to contribute to zero emission mobility and see to it that EV drivers can charge at the right location with the right solution. The EV market is growing and changing rapidly. The road will be exciting and with confidence we move ahead.
A bit more about the job
As Risk & Compliance Officer you are part of the Risk & Compliance team, which is responsible for designing and implementing risk management and internal controls within Allego Business Processes. You advise and support the business (1st line) in effectively managing all relevant process- and compliance risks. Allego is a US listed company, so your scope will include financial reporting risks in line with the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOx).
In your role, you facilitate risk analyses, execute tests of effectiveness on key controls and coordinate gap remediation actions for any identified control gaps. You act as a true business partner within Allego, collaborating closely with various departments, including finance, sales, procurement, and operations, to align Business Process controls with their respective processes and requirements.
Reporting to the Director of Risk & Compliance, you operate independently while working closely with finance team members, colleagues from other departments, and the Internal Audit team. The international nature of Allego's operations adds an extra dimension to your role, providing opportunities for growth within the organization. As Allego continues to grow and evolve, your contribution in controlling and improving business processes is highly valued and appreciated.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating activities to promote risk management and compliance awareness;
- Identifying and analyzing business process risks;
- Planning and coordinating the in-control cycle (plan, do, check, act);
- Developing and updating risk and compliance policies and procedures;
- Testing the effectiveness of Business Process Controls in line with industry standards and best practices;
- Reporting on the status of Business Process Controls and providing relevant insights and recommendations;
- Maintaining and enhancing the in-control framework to align with evolving risks and regulations;
- Identifying automation opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business process controls;
- Enhancing business process controls related to operational excellence;
- Monitoring regulatory changes in laws, regulations, and industry standards and assess the impact of these changes.
This is you (we hope)
You hold a bachelor/master’s degree in risk management, accounting & auditing or similar. You have several years of relevant work experience in Risk Management, Compliance, internal control or (internal) audit and you have excellent knowledge of risk & compliance standards and preferably SOx. On top of this:
- You live in the Netherlands;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics F&O is a plus;
- You enjoy collaborating with various internal and external stakeholders;
- You are pro-active and have a hands-on approach;
- You are structured, analytical and organized by nature;
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in English (Dutch, German or French will be a plus);
- Enough ambition to keep driving forward with us!
This is our offer
- A challenging job in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment;
- A competitive salary depending on education and experience.
- A good package of secondary conditions, including end of year premium, pension and a personal budget.
- At Allego you choose your own challenges, we will make education and training available to keep driving forward.
If you are interested in working at Allego we look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter via the direct link. Please note we are looking for candidates who are eligible to work in the Netherlands and who do not need to relocate.
We look forward to meeting you.
Please do not contact us if you are an agency. We understand that you, above anyone else, have the best candidates, but we count on it that those candidates will know where to find us themselves.